Farm Animals Raised by Students and Reportedly Slaughtered by Axe Wielding Man Deserve Justice

Target: Joel Buckingham, District Attorney, Hollister, San Benito County, California, US

Goal: Ensure the accused faces full legal consequences for his alleged actions

In Hollister, Calif., a community was left in shock as a man reportedly trespassed into an agriculture barn and brutally ended the lives of two innocent farm animals with an axe. Allegations suggest that this heinous act involved the slaughter of a pig and a goat, both being raised by students of the Future Farmers of America (FFA) program for educational purposes. The incident, described as deeply disturbing, has not only taken away these animals but also a piece of the students’ hard work and dedication.

Details emerging from the investigation indicate that Anthony Madruga, aged 51, is the person accused of this barbaric crime. Students involved with the FFA program shared their horror upon discovering their animals in such a tragic state, highlighting the emotional toll beyond the immediate physical violence. One student recounted the trauma of finding their goat, Stetson, reportedly lying lifeless and bloodied, a sight described as devastating and unimaginably painful. Another student’s pig, reportedly injured in the assault, brings to light the cruelty of the attack and its lasting impact on those who cared for these animals.

This grievous incident raises serious questions about animal welfare and the safety of educational agricultural programs. It compels us to demand rigorous legal scrutiny and appropriate punishment for the accused, if found guilty, to prevent such atrocities from recurring. Justice for the reportedly slain and injured animals is paramount, alongside ensuring the protection of students’ endeavors in such valuable educational activities. Call upon the District Attorney to pursue this case with the utmost seriousness, ensuring that if found guilty, the perpetrator faces the full extent of the law.

PETITION LETTER:

Dear DA Joel Buckingham,

The recent allegations against Anthony Madruga for the brutal slaughter of two farm animals in Hollister have stirred widespread outrage and sorrow within our community. Such acts of violence against defenseless animals, raised by students for educational purposes, are not only shocking but deeply traumatic for the youths involved. This reported incident not only robbed them of their animals but also of their sense of security and trust in the sanctity of their educational environment.

The details of this case, as reported, are particularly harrowing. A pig and a goat, months old and being prepared for show and auction, were apparent killed in an act of wanton violence. Students were left to discover the aftermath, a scenario no young person should ever face. These details, disturbing in their specificity, underline the necessity for a response that matches the gravity of the reported crime. It is imperative that our legal system acts decisively to address this wrongdoing, ensuring that the message is clear: such acts will not be tolerated.

We urge you to take swift and firm action in this case. The community looks to your office for justice and reassurance that safety and compassion remain paramount values in our society. We implore you to ensure that, if found guilty, the accused is held accountable to the fullest extent possible under the law. Our collective sense of justice and our commitment to the well-being of all community members, human and animal alike, depend on it.

Sincerely,

[Your Name Here]

Photo credit: Marian Florinel Condruz

41 Comments

1. This guy is sick the painful suffering those animals endured not to mention the trauma caused to those kids is horrendous throw the book at this pile!

2. throw this creep in jail for good

3. UncommonSensesc says:

For true justice, the psychopath should be hacked to death with an ax. But since it’s California, nothing much will be done. Let’s see – he’s mentally unstable, he’s homeless, his parents were divorced, his mother was a ____ (fill in the blank – drunk, hooker, drug addict), he’s a drunk/drug addict, he didn’t know what he was doing. The evil SOB will get by with this. If you happen to encounter him, say hello with a Karma bat!

• Nothing much would be done in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Texas or any other state. California is no different than the entire US when it comes to animal abuse and the lack of enforcement of current laws, the lack of any new strong laws and lack of care from the legal community and leaders; nationally we are doing a bad job of addressing animal abuse.

4. This is a deliberate act. A 51 year old man took his axe and did so much harm, damage, and death. If this man is insane, put him in a state mental asylum for the rest of his evil life. No pardons, no escape. If he is sane then give him a trial and when found guilty put him in prison for the remainder of his tragic life. No one has the right to decide who or what lives, or not. Society does not want this man. He is only a burden and a threat. This man needs to be taken off the streets to remove the threat. The legal system needs to be supportive, not of the killer, but of the people, students and animals involved.
    Life is meant to be enjoyed and this person removes joy from life.

• Jeannie Frank says:

Affirming everything you stated.This psychotic murderer should be not only arrested but thrown into jail FOR LIFE.Better yet,let him be tossed into the gates of hell.

• Agree with all your comments. Make the punishment fit the crime, this was a deliberate act, this evil moron went out with an axe to murder these innocent animals. He is a danger to all in society and must be locked up before any person or animal suffers the same fate.

5. Don’t condone this activity at all but why did he do it and is it really that much worse than sending the animals to a slaughterhouse?? Meat eating involves death of an animal and its all horrific IMO.

6. SHAME ON HUMANS!!! I hate how humanity behaves with the defenseless animals

• Naila M Sanchez Johnston says:

May that monster die a thousand torturous deaths and be damned to hell!!!
      Get rid of him!! KILL HIM!!!

7. Maria Lavorato says:

Anthony Madruga Is a danger to all! SO no excuses …NO mercy! Don’t care to hear any excuses!!!

These dear little animals MUST have their justice.

Joel Buckingham, District Attorney, Judge

IMAGINE what this little goat and pig endured!!!! These little animals had begun to trust people. LOL YOU MUST PLEASE CHARGE HIM WITH THE MOST SEVERE CHARGES POSSIBLE. FELONY FIRST DEGREE

No other animal should ever be subjected to this torture because the judicial system does not clearly show that all persons causing suffering to an animal must and will be held accountable each and every time.

8. POS why is that thing allowed to breathe

9. This is obviously inexcusable but I do hope everyone who has a problem with this is vegan. These animals were going to die unnecessarily, terrified and screaming for their lives. The POS in question just got there first.

• I agree, and each year in the US, 20,000,000 animals die horrific deaths during transport to slaughterhouses, where the ones who survive transport will die terrified and screaming. (USDA)

10. Carol Pearce says:

This savage son of the devil, must be jailed in the pits and left to starve. Bastard.

11. JoAnne Caravella says:

ARE YOU FUCKING FOR REAL OR SHOULD I SAY THIS FUCKING EVIL BASTARD ANTHONY MADRUGA?? WELL ANIMAL LOVERS THIS EVIL PRICK’S NAME IS OUT THERE!! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. FOLLOW THIS FUCKING PRICK AND GIVE HIM THE EXACT SAME TREATMENT HE ENJOYED DOING TO THOSE INNOCENBT ANIMALS. BUT PLEASE, FIRST OF ALL – MAKE THIS FUCKING BASTARD BEG AND BEG WHILE HE IS BEING TORTURED!!BUT OF COURSE, FUCK HIM SO THAT HE CAN GO BURN IN HELL AND FUCKING SOON!!

12. Urszula Lund says:

No animal deserves to be a victim of DEHUMANIZED and DESENSITIZED SADISTIC PSYCHOPATHS!! NO animal-abuser should be allowed to escape with it!!! Killing animals has a brutalizing effect on our society and mankind as a whole. This satanic pathological monster must be severely punished, MAX JAIL! She must also be forbidden from coming near, or owning, animals.
    SET a PRECEDENT, and punish to the full extent of the law!

Moreover, GO VEGAN EVERYBODY!!!!

13. Urszula Lund says:

No animal deserves to be a victim of DEHUMANIZED and DESENSITIZED SADISTIC PSYCHOPATHS!! NO animal-abuser should be allowed to escape with it!!! Killing animals has a brutalizing effect on our society and mankind as a whole. This satanic pathological monster must be severely punished, MAX JAIL! He must also be forbidden from coming near, or owning, animals.

Moreover, GO VEGAN EVERYBODY!!!!

14. Urszula Lund says:

Moreover, GO VEGAN EVERYBODY!!!!

15. another animal advocate says:

While this is horrific, inexcusable, and should definitely be punished to the fullest extent of the law, I also cannot help but think of the most likely future of the two victim animals. We raise them, use them for education or whatever, and then the majority of the time, their fate is slaughter regardless. We eat them and use their skin for clothing and upholstery and whatever else we can come up with for our own benefit. In the long run, they are mostly valued only as monetary income, not as sentient beings. So glad I was not raised on a farm. I used to hate visiting my cousins as a child because even then, I was well aware of the fate of most of the animals there. It hurt me to my core to think about it.

16. Sandra Weber says:

It’s very obvious that this guy is off his rocker!! Who will be next?? Madgruga needs to be put away for everyone’s safety!

17. Yeah Anthony…..let me take an ax to you……one limb at a time.

I hope the shot the animal’s to put them out of pain.

18. Slaughter tjis piece of shit in the same way. Hr has no respect for znyone or snyyhing.

19. It would be great if we could treat people the same way they treat animals.

20. LINDA KOABEL says:

The man who killed these animals should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Unfortunately, few people have commented on the fact that the students were raising these animals for sale and slaughter as part of the FFA program. “The animals include rabbits, lambs, goats, turkeys, pigs and steers. The animal is then auctioned to help students recoup their costs and any profit helps pay for future college expenses.”(Source: Google search) The innocent animals learn to trust the students but the students have no emotional bond or concern for the animal other than as a means of making a profit. I hope that the people who have expressed such anger will examine their eating habits and choose to be vegan. I chose veganism years ago. It is a much kinder way to live.