Target: CEO of Sazerac., Marc Brown
Goal: Stop using propylene glycol in Fireball Cinnamon Whisky.
Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, is all the rage in bars throughout the world. People were appalled when they found out, that Fireball was made with a toxic ingredient known as propylene glycol. Propylene glycol(PG) is a liquid substance used in making antifreeze. There are higher amounts used to make antifreeze than those allowed in food and drinks by the FDA. PG is used in various products in the United States such as cosmetics and ice cream. It is unlikely that you will become seriously ill or die from PG, though there is evidence linked to skin irritation caused from PG.
Ingesting a substance that could risk one’s health is not wise, especially in beverages such as alcohol. Alcoholic beverages when taken in excess can be very dangerous. The FDA says there is not enough PG in Fireball to cause concern. However, it did cause concern in some European countries. Fireball came under attack in 2014 because the amount of PG in the drink was considered too high for Finland, Sweden and Norway.
Fireball Cinnamon Whisky is a multimillion dollar brand. It is in bars from college towns to trendy bars in large cities. The removal of propylene glycol in a prevalent brand like Fireball can help encourage other companies who used it to do the same.
By signing this petition, you can help influence Marc Brown to make Fireball Cinnamon Whisky without PG in it. Even if PG is not deadly, it’s still not healthy. Eliminating PG from Fireball would make consumption of this liquor a little bit healthier.
Dear Mr. Marc Brown,
Fireball Cinnamon Whisky should not contain the potentially hazardous substance propylene glycol. Propylene glycol is also used in antifreeze. True, Fireball does not have the same amounts of propylene glycol as products such as antifreeze do. It is also true that other products such as ice cream and toothpaste use PG. Despite other products using this potentially harmful substance, it still does not make it right. Your brand is extremely successful, if you would stop adding PG you could influence other brands to stop too.
To put one’s health at risk is wrong. There has been some evidence that links PG to skin irritation but none to illness or death. However, it’s a horrific thought that we have to be talking about illness and death when regarding food and drinks. Alcohol can be lethal on its own when consumed in excess amounts; there is no need to add potentially harmful PG to this.
Please, stop putting PG in Fireball Cinnamon Whisky, an element that is in antifreeze. I’m urging you to take this substance out of your brand for the sake of your consumers.
[Your Name Here]
Photo credit: Ted Van Pelt via Flickr